Profit Drive App
Client: REI Blackbook
Category: UX Design
Date: Dec 2020
Profit Drive is an app that allowed its users to quickly grow their direct mail database while simply driving neighborhoods. The great thing about this app, was its ability to take a picture of a home, download information of the owners and schedule a direct mail campaign that could entice the owner to sell their home. This app was acquired by REI Blackbook but needed much work making it more user friendly.
- Improve overall ease of use to foster more engagement
- Make it quicker for new users to start sending direct mail
- Onboard users with step by step process gathering required info
- Determining the minimum required information needed for direct mail campaigns.
- Capturing that required information in the least amount of steps as possible
I led the Product Design of the ASA until my departure. I collaborated with a Product Manager, copywriters and graphic designers to research, scope, plan and execute.
- Building the Project Vision
- Design Execution and validation
Onboarding: An understanding about what we actually did.
This was a fun project to work on. I enjoyed creating an easy path to success for the user. I learned that many of the things we wanted from the user in the beginning were not required to do the basic job of the app. It was up to us to create additional incentives for the user to go in and fill out the rest of the information on their own.